Wednesday 28 May 2008

Stones


Was out tonight at cell in Belfast. Adrian and Jenny led the night and asked each of us to bring a stone with us to use to build an alter. We laid out a very spiritual Winnie the pooh rug on the living room floor and each in turn told a story of something significant that God had done in our lives. A point in time when we look back and remember stepping into something new or when something fell into place.


The stone in a way signified those special moments and we laid them down and gave thanks. It was powerful.

God has done a lot in my life. He has told me a lot, and given me so many blessings. He has shown me glimpses of the photograph that he has of me and of my life. I never want to loose sight of those glimpses, rather I want the picture to become clearer and clearer on each glance so that I become who he has intended me to be and for his purpose.

Revelation 2v17

"To everyone who is victorious I will give some of the manna that has been hidden away in heaven. And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it".

I believe that in life we can merely be stones, build our house with stones and have hearts like stones.
Or we can be living stones, expecting more than a hardened heart from life. Expecting the secret places with God. God has a name for me, its just for him and I to know. He has a special store of Manna, a provision that can satisfy and empower me for the journey. The secret intimate places that God has for our hearts cannot be over estimated. There is always more.
What if we, perhaps not in a physical sense but metaphorically built our houses, our lives with living stones. Each brick signifying a God moment, something we are thankful for. What if we surrounded our lives with thanksgiving and praise. What if we choose to ask God for the hidden manna and for the special personal name that God whispers to us. The photograph would soon be a motion picture it would come to life.

I'm aware tonight of the times that have been significant, the times where I have encountered God. I am also aware though that sometimes I forget to lay those things before him with thankfulness.
Thank you God for blessing. Thank you for the Manna. Thank you that you change my heart of stone into living flesh that beats to a rhythm that is only heard by you and me.


Thank you that I will one day see clearly what I now see in part and Thank you that the stone the builders cast away has become and will always be my chief corner stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment